You are here
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This is a perfect introduction for absolute beginners to gas chromatography and GC-MS. The course will cover thewhat, why, where, when and how of GC & GC-MS.
- What is a GC or GC-MS?
- Why would you use them? How would they help solve your problems and what answers could they give?
- When would you use them? What types of analytes and samples can you use them for?
- How would you use them? How do they work and what is available?
- Where would you use them? Which applications to answer what questions?
- You will learn about the different types of chromatography
- You will understand the definition of gas chromatography
- You will learn the principles and components of the gas chromatograph
- You will learn about the principles and components of the mass spectrometer
- You will learn the purpose and principles of data analysis
- You will learn about different sampling techniques for GC
- You will learn about a number of industries and their application of GC-MS
Who is this course for?
If you have no or very little knowledge of gas chromatography, are an analyst, technician, engineer or work in sales and would like to improve your knowledge in this area, then this is the course for you.