You are here
This course has been approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry for purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
What will you learn on this course?
This two day practical software course on the powerful Automated Mass Spectral Deconvolution and Identification System software mixes 50% presentations with 50% practical exercises using the software to get a good grasp of it's capabilities in performing deconvolution to process your GC-MS data.
If you have complex samples with little chromatographic resolution or you need to check you have no co-elutions in your chromatogram, learn about using your analytical resolution with mass spectral deconvolution to unravel your mixed mass spectra for confirmation or identification of your co-eluting peaks.
- You will learn about analytical resolution in mass spectrometry
- You will learn how to operate NIST's Automated Mass Spectral Deconvolution and Identification System (AMDIS) software for the processing of complex spectra
- You will learn how deconvolution works with the AMDIS software
- You will gain practical experience in performing AMDIS deconvolution to obtain cleaned-up mass spectra
- You will learn and gain practical experience in various types of mass spectral deconvolution analysis in AMDIS including Simple, Retention Index and Internal standard methods
- You will learn of the benefits of using AMDIS software for processing GC-MS data
Who is this course for?
If you need practical guidance to help you understand how to use AMDIS software to make the most of your analytical resolution to perform deconvolution and obtained cleaned-up mass spectra, then this is a course for you.
This course requires fundamental knowledge of GC-MS and some background in understanding mass spectra.
Special offers (discounts cannot be combined):
- Early Bird: Book at least 12 weeks in advance and receive a 10% discount for this 2-day course.
- Student: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (valid student ID card required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- RSC Member: Discount of 15% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- ChromSoc Member: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Warwick alumni: Discount of 10% for this 2-day course (membership number required) if booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Group Discount: 4 colleagues from the same company can attend for the price of 3, when attending the same course.